Wednesday, September 27, 2006

What Happened to all of the Tea?

I have been to more morning “coffees” since I moved to London. The other day I had three before 11:00 a.m. The first coffee was with the school Head Master (No, not because of Snake. As far as I know , he doesn’t know Snake. Yet.) Apparently the Head Master has these coffees with the new parents 5 or 6 couples at a time. It was very enjoyable, kind of like having coffee with your grandfather. Then I had a coffee for Kiki’s high school class parents. We learned what was in store for the kids this year academically and about other programs available to them. My third coffee was with the women’s club where we had a speaker from the metropolitan police and we learned about some of the safety and security issues in the neighborhood where we live. We can have guns in our homes but it is illegal to carry mace or pepper spray. Hmmmm. Very informative.

I have two more coffees next week and one the week after that. I think we are slowing down. I thought I would be drinking more tea here. I don’t even drink coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooo, the kids are in the American School - wha da ya expect???