Friday, September 08, 2006

I Charge, therefore, I Am

As of today, I am somebody in the UK! I got my new debit and charge cards in the mail. Yahoo!! Chizz has had his bank account since he moved here and one of the first things we did when I got here was to have me put on the account. I had to wait for a credit check and other bank doings before they approved and sent me the cards. It is funny how dependent you are on your cards. I had to get money from Chizz every day in order to buy groceries, give the kids lunch money or if I wanted to do anything else. It made me feel like a kid asking permission, which I don't do well. Also, another downside for Chizz was that he got to see actually how much money I might go through in a day or two! I think he was blissfully ignorant before and secretly can't wait to return to that state now. All will be right with the world now, the planets have all realigned, I can shop and Chizz can go back to being happily unaware.

No comments: