Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Oops! It Did It Again

Snowed that is. Now contrary to popular belief and all those versions of "A Christmas Carol" that you've seen, it doesn't snow that often in London. It is a rare event. Well we have had snow 2 days in the past 2 weeks. More importantly? No school today. The kids are out of their minds. The way teenagers show being out of their minds? They slept in. I don't think it snowed much more than it did a few weeks ago but apparently they expect that it will still be snowing heavily during the morning rush hour. They were anticipating difficulty getting the school buses through their morning routes. So they cancelled school. I got a telephone call from Snake's teacher this morning letting me know. Personal touch. She also said that they might cancel it tomorrow if it snows again. I think that might have to do more with it being the last day before February break (the kids are off school next week) than with it being too difficult to commute in the snow but who knows.


This is a picture of our block this morning. Our flat is in the building with the white bowed window on the right. We have the top two floors of that building. The kids are definitely enjoying their "day off" to the fullest - snow ball fights, shopping, movies etc. They will be back soon. Right now it is pretty quiet in our house and I am enjoying that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EXCUSEEEEE ME.

I DID NOT SLEEP IN ON THE SNOW DAY.
I WAS UP AND ABOUT BY SEVEN.

AND I HAD LEFT MY HOUSE TO GO OUT WITH MY FRIENDS BY LIKE EIGHT THIRTY.

HMMPH.