Friday, May 25, 2007

Oh Sod Off!

I had a bad day today. I was in a bad mood all day long. It started with the stupid washer/dryer. I did a load of Snake's t-shirts early this morning. This machine never stops. I do a load every morning, noon and most nights. After the load was done, I tried to open the door. It wouldn't open. I tried to pull it open, it still wouldn't budge. It annoyed me. It annoyed Snake even more because just about all of his shirts were stuck in there. I called the building handy man. He would come by later that morning and check it out. He did, about 2 hours later. He couldn't budge it either. So he called the appliance repair man. The APRM promised he would be at my house within 2 - 3 hours. Fine. Five hours later I am still waiting. Six hours later, I am still waiting. Finally at about 6:45 pm he shows up. He can't get the door to open. His opinion, the latch is broken. Great. He will order one. Great. It will take 10 business days. Great. He leaves. He will be back when the part has been received. This entire process takes 11 1/2 hours.


Chizz calls and says why don't we meet downtown for a drink near Trafalgar Square? Something interesting was going on there. A tourism group, Visit London, arranged for the entire square to be covered in grass for two days. He thought we could have a drink, check out the grass at Traflagar Square and then head home. (We do lead an exciting life.) Okay, I could use a drink. A very large drink. So I head off on the #6 bus. Traffic is horrible and it takes much longer to get there than normal. Perhaps it was the draw of the grass - who knows? Well, when I get there I have to walk by the square to get to the pub where Chizz is waiting for me. What do I see? Workers rolling up the sod on Trafalgar Square! We missed it!! It figures, it was the perfect end to this day. At least the wine was cold and the glass was large, very large.

2 comments:

Carin and Scott said...

NO - Not the washer/dryer - anything, but that!!! Having used the beast, as awful as it is, not to have it, is worse!!!!!!!! I'm terribly sorry. Love it you all, Auntie C Funsucker

Anonymous said...

I am worried about Snake's shirts stuck inside the monster. Will they be wearable after 10 days in a damp environment?
And I hope this is the landlord's responsibility!
Mom