Saturday, May 19, 2007

Rock On, Really?

Kiki went to a cool event last night. The London Philharmonic Orchestra playing "rock" music at Royal Albert Hall. She went with a group of friends. Both kids are becoming very independent, they know how to travel all over the city, which buses take you where, when it is appropriate to take public transport or when you should hop in a cab. Skills they probably won't need in our hometown but good to know for other places. She said the crowd was mixed, quite a few older people, some dressed to the nines, some people dressed in jeans. Her crowd was probably on the younger side of the patrons. The event advertised that the orchestra would be playing tunes ranging from Meatloaf to Madonna to Coldplay to Oasis to the Stereophonics (Who??). Kiki's favorite songs included renditions of "Fix You" by Coldplay, "Good Vibrations" by the Beach Boys, "Leila" by Eric Clapton. She also said they did a couple of Queen songs (I would think you would have to) "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "We are the Champions". I was happy to recognize quite a few of the songs and groups. It sounds really fun and I am going to put that on my list of things to do next year. I just hope that they continue to do a few of the old classics so I won't keep having to ask my kids - "Who is this? What song do they sing?".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LAYLA. not leila

Anonymous said...

I think that is what Tony Blair was saying to your mom on the phone kiki!