Thursday, November 23, 2006

Some Things I Am Thankful For

In the spirit of the day, I have been thinking of some of the things I am thankful for and because I feel like all my posts lately have been of a complaining nature, I thought I would share. In no particular order of importance:

- Most of my family, here and there, is generally happy. Oh sure, there are health issues for some, money issues for others, political concerns for a few but over all, I think most of us are pretty content.

- Free “newspapers” (tabloids) on the buses and tube

- Chizz loves his job. It is wonderful to see him enjoying his work, being challenged and knowing that he is making an impact.

- Some of our very best friends, the Rs are here from the greater Boston area. Chizz went to college with Mrs. R (MR) many, many, moons ago (sorry guys I call ‘em like I see ‘em). We reconnected with them about 5 years ago when we both lived in Northern California, only a few miles away from each other. They have 2 daughters, roughly our kids’ ages. The Rs plus a few other couples still in Northern California made up our “posse” for quite a few years. So it is like having some of our family with us for Thanksgiving. Holidays are always better with family around. Who else will do the dishes?

- Double Cream in England. Yuma (sorry Rachel), makes mashed potatoes even better.

- Kids are happily settled in school. They have good groups of friends and are in the swing socially.

- Mah Jonging twice in my last game

- Sticky Toffee Pudding

- Skype with our video connection. Is it perfect? No but it is pretty darn good when you think that it helps us stay connected to everyone so far away. We were able to see our niece walk today for the first time. (It wasn’t her first time, it was ours seeing her.) We miss everyone so much and this helps us stay in touch and close. Considering that it is free when we call computer to computer, it is pretty amazing.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!






-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh god mom.


you CANNOT say posse.


repeat after me "i will not try to say so-called cool words..."


write that on the chalkboard about 398457348574 times and you should be good!

love you =]

Anonymous said...

She's right Wendy. "Inmates" is probably a better term.

But maybe I learned something here. "Posse" is a cool word? Groovy!