Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It's Here!!!

Winter that is. The weather in London has been fairly mild up to this point. I usually only need a sweater or light jacket when going out - even at night time. Yesterday, Snake and I went to Kiki's soccer game. The games are in a nearby park. Before I left, I took a glance at our outside thermometer. 45 degrees at 2:15 p.m. A bit chilly so I added a scarf, gloves and a sweater under my coat. Snake insisted he was "fine" with his sweatshirt. When we arrived at the park, it was pretty comfortable but a bit brisk. Then the cloud cover came and it must have dropped 10-15 degrees. Snake jumped up and down to try and keep warm, even offered to go in a play for a bit if the coach needed him. Apparently the coach did not. Because the field does not have lights and the time change, the soccer game was abbreviated. So we were able to leave after about 1 1/2 hours. On the way home, Snake volunteered that he might just need a new jacket for our stay here. Right.

We walked very quickly to the nearest Starbucks for lattes and hot chocolate. (Side complaint - the red holiday cups are here. You know what that means, gingerbread and eggnog lattes. My favorite - pumpkin spice latte. THEY DON"T HAVE THOSE HERE!! I asked the barista and they told me that Pumpkin spice wasn't popular here and they haven't had it for years. Hmph!! I don't think pumpkin is very popular in any form - a few weeks ago I got three pumpkin candles, great smell, at 75% off. Anyway - I am rambling.) So when we got home the temperature gauge said 35 degrees. Cold, cold, cold. I have a feeling pumpkin spice latte or not, we will be seeing alot of Starbucks this winter.

By the way, Kiki's team didn't need Snake or, suprisingly enough, me. They won their game 8-0. So far this season no goals scored on them.

Auntie S. are you paying attention??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So do they call it "soccer" at the school?

Wendy said...

Yes, surprisingly enough, the school does call it soccer. But since most of the coaches are English or Scottish, they will refer to it as football. Tomaytoe, Tomahtoe.