Monday, November 27, 2006

Buy Two T-Shirts and Call Me in The Morning

Bon Mots from our friend Emily. We were discussing the various places our visitors would like to see when they were here and the girls were discussing perhaps doing some shopping. One of the places Emily wanted to go to was Topshop, a very popular local store. She was lobbying, unsuccessfully as it turns out, for the shopping trip and suddenly comes out with “I would really like to go to Topshop. It was recommended by my doctor”. She said it in that commercially voice like “4 out of 5 doctors recommend Topshop”. Or “my doctor recommends I get more shopping in my diet”. Apparently during her last doctor’s appointment, Emily mentioned visiting London and the doctor told her about this store. Like everyone doesn’t already know that shopping helps you live longer--- just like red wine. Purely medicinal.

No comments: