Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Take That, Bambi!!

I hit a deer. Well not me exactly, my car. And to be precise, the deer hit me. I was picking Kiki up from school at about 6 p.m. and we were driving on a road very close to our home, when 2 small female deer ran in front of me. I wasn't going that fast so I was able to stop in time and didn't hit them. I was stopped for about 2 seconds when a third deer, a buck, came crashing out of the bushes and ran right into my stopped car. He bounced off my headlight and ran off in the same direction he came from. No one was hurt, except my car. Apparently a deer crashing against the headlight is not good for it. Who knew?

So I spent yesterday driving back and forth from my dealer to the auto body shop. At first, I thought the damage was relatively minor and the dealer that I bought the car at (only a few short months ago!) told me that they thought they could do it. But once I got there I was told there was too much body work that needed to be done. Like I haven't heard that before! Oh well, so my car is now at a body shop waiting to be worked on. The insurance adjuster has to go by and hopefully they will agree with the body shop as to the extent and cost of the damage. But I am fearful, you know how stubborn insurance adjusters can be! At least I know how stubborn they can be.

Karma may be a bitch in this case. I will let you know.

No comments: