Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Sweet Sixteen

Kiki turns 16 today. It seems almost impossible, yet I hardly remember a moment when she wasn't in my life. I remember like yesterday, being very pregnant, about 2 weeks from my due date, sitting down to hear a rehearsal of Chizz's big client presentation the next day. (Oh the heady, exciting life we led before kids, it was a whirlwind). All of the sudden my water broke. We were not really prepared. We went to the hospital and they told us it would probably be several more hours and to come back at 7:00 a.m. the next morning and if I hadn't progressed, they would induce. At 10:00 pm., Chizz went back to his office in SF and re-wrote the presentation for someone else to give. Someone who had no idea that next morning they were giving a big presentation. Listen, we all have problems. He pulled an all-nighter, came back at 6:30 a.m., splashed water on his face and off we went. Hurry, hurry, hurry. Of course, Kiki had other plans. She wouldn't come out, we had to go in for her and she was born at 10:00 p.m. that night. 10 fingers, 10 toes and very, very alert. She was ready to hit the ground running and she hasn't stopped since.

Since then it has been a constant stream of activity: first steps, preschool, dance class, soccer teams, barbies, girl scouts, swimming, skiing. Now it is boyfriends, parties, SATs, cell phones, soccer, swimming (some things don't change!). Even when I am staying up late because she is pushing the boundaries of her curfew, I wouldn't change a thing. We are both very proud of her and the young woman she is becoming.
Happy Birthday Kiki, we love you!!


P.S. Chizz didn't get the client, even after promising to name the baby after them. I am glad, I am thinkng Applied Materials Whineberg doesn't sound so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps, but I still like the melodious ring to Ickyboy Waddell Whineberg.