Saturday, October 20, 2007

Hanging with the G-Unit

Chizz's dad is in town this week and next. I am going to use that as my pitiful excuse for not updating the world on our latest adventures. I promise to try and do that later this week. Today Chizz & his dad went on a long, long, long country walk. Kiki had PSATs (yes they do that here too) and Snake tries to avoid long, long, long country walks as much as possible, not always successfully. The past few days have been spent kind of easing out of jet lag and getting into our time zone. We put him right into activity when he got here, went to Kiki's soccer game where I am sure it was about 25 - 30 degrees cooler than the little berg he is from in California. Or at least it seemed that way, when he put on his gloves, scarf and fleece jacket. Yesteray G-father and I took a walk in the city by the Thames, and visited Borough Market. I also game him a tour of some of the neighborhood sites and we managed a quick lunch with Chizz as well.

It is hard understanding the transportation system when you are brand new to an area and especially when you like to be a little teensy, weensy in control of your surroundings. I made one little mistake the other day and we jumped on a train going the wrong direction, something that was easily remedied at the next station and ended up actually being a blessing in disguise. But, I lost all of G-father's confidence in me to get us to our destinations. So now I notice him glance at the maps just a tad bit longer and he makes oh-so-subtle comments, like "Are you sure this is the right way, I would have thought the train would have been arriving from the other direction". That's okay, if he doesn't behave - I am going to take him to a cricket game and watch his head explode!! I promised his lovely bride that I would return him "unbroken" but I said nothing about him not having any bruises!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bruises are acceptable, understandable, and, frankly, probably well deserved. I worry about him charging hard from a curb and getting smacked by a double decker bus while crossing the street - it could happen ...

UFS

Wendy said...

So far, so good. Uncle Funsucker. He has even managed to go out by himself and make it back alive. Keep your fingers crossed!