Thursday, October 11, 2007

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Oh yes. I went downtown earlier this week and much to my dismay, I found all the big department stores already have their Christmas departments up and running. Some stores are already decorated with wreaths in the window. I guess without the Halloween and Thanksgiving buffer, the London shops can dig right into Christmas around October 1. I didn't hear any canned Christmas music. Yet. I knew it started early because about 3 weeks ago I booked a time to visit with Father Christmas at Harrods when our nieces, Bean & Dew, come for Thanksgiving. But still. I would like to say that I have taken a moral stand and won't partake in this way-too-early-for-me Christmas revelry. I would like to say that. But I can't. I bought a Christmas trinket. Good grief, help me, Great Pumpkin - its all downhill from here.

No comments: