Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Units

Well I dropped the parents off today at the Gatwick Express. Put them on the train and sent them off, with their 4 pieces of luggage and 2 carry-ons.

We had a good time and we covered more ground than I thought was possible. Just ending a 2 week cruise, I thought they might be a bit tired from all that sightseeing. But noooooooo. So in addition to Speakers Corner and the pubs I mentioned before, they saw 2 plays (Wicked & Spamalot), the Royal Observatory (where Greenwich Mean Time starts), The Maritime museum (to see the bullet hole in Horatio Nelson's uniform) Windsor Castle (where we saw the bullet that caused the aforementioned hole therefore closing the circle), the British Museum, Westminster Abbey, Harrods, went to Richmond for a traditional Sunday roast dinner, (and a few other things I think but I am blanking.) They mastered crossing the street and riding the tube and the bus everywhere. Hey! Listen both of those items are tricky. The bus drivers here get points if they knock over seniors pulling away from the curb and we did see the remnants of an accident where a woman was hit IN the crosswalk. They may not have a lot of guns here but they have others ways of killing you!

I am hoping that they had a good time and we didn't wear them out too much. Watch out America, they are heading back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew there was a reason why the "dork quotient" in the US seemed particulary low in the last few weeks. But now, I guess we're the dork country again! ("Arghh, but they're my Dorks..." - that's for you, Snake!)

Wendy said...

Yes, the cosmic balance has been restored.