Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Coincidence? I Think Not.

Well if you follow baseball, you know that the San Francisco Giants made it to the World Series. Just not on the night that Snake was there. But that is okay, at least they are in it and for a few more weeks we can be tortured by the spectacle that is San Francisco Giants Baseball.

That is it's "rep" - torture. Because the Giants never do things the easy way. It seems like every game was won by one or two runs; I hardly remember any blow outs. The game is always decided in the last inning or sometimes the last out. Some people find that exciting, I find it nerve wracking. I get as nervous as I did when one of our kids was playing sports. I find myself pleading ("just let them do well", "just one hit"), pacing, watching the game between the fingers that are clamped over my eyes. It is not easy.

So when in Game 6 the Giants fell behind the Phillies in the first inning, in addition to just feeling horrible for Jonathan Sanchez (I always think about their mothers and how tough it must be for them), I knew I had to to something. So I invoked the spirits of "Giants Past":




That's right, I called out the Big Guns - the bobbleheads of JT Snow, Randy Winn and Benito Santiago. I put them around the TV and prayed that they do their magic, their mojo, their voodoo that they do so well. And what happened? The Giants tied up the game. Hmmmm. Then when the Phillies came back and tied it up, I decided we needed something else. Another icon. But what? Then it came to me. Actually, it fell out of the cabinet in the garage when I was putting something away.




The replica Giants baseball! And what happened, the Giants won. Coincidence? Puhhhhleeeeease! So tonight the Giants play in Game 1 of the World Series. And we will all be here watching - me, Chizz, Benito, JT, Snake and Randy. But don't worry if things get tough for the Giants, I've got the rally rag Snake found on the ground at Game 5 waiting in the bullpen. I'm just sayin'. . . . . .

Go Giants!!

No comments: