Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Be Right Back (in a few weeks)

Okay, the whole purpose of this blog is to chronicle our adventures in Europe while we are here. Kiki left today on a school sponsored trip to Mexico. She will come home to California the first week of July. Tomorrow, Snake and I leave to go back home for 7 weeks. I am defiantly leaving behind my black coat that I have worn almost every day since I came to this island. I am a rebel that way. Unless something extraordinary (to me) happens on the way home, I don't anticipate blogging much while we are home. I do plan on relaxing in the backyard, bbqing, hanging out at swim team etc. So until we come back, I leave you with this video. It was taken at what is supposed to be one of the longest continual escalators in Europe (I don't validate that claim, I am just repeating it). It is at a tube (underground)station in London, the Angel Station. I have been there. Things I love about this video? (1) You can hear the guy breathing really heavy on the 'helmet cam'. His adrenaline must have been pumping. (2) I have been there (3) The guy at the end that says "I can't believe they didn't get you". (4) I have been there (5) The station agent at the beginning? "hey, Hey, HEEEEYYYYYY!!!" (6) I have been there. Okay I didn't ski there but just the same.

Enjoy and see you sometime in August.





No comments: