Saturday, April 17, 2010

Something Stinks in Camarillo!

We are still back east finishing up the great "You ruined my spring break" college tour. Last night I went online to check our bank account and make sure our tax checks cleared. They did. Quickly, of course. I also noticed three debit charges to our account from Ralphs, Vons and Hugo Boss in Camarillo, Ca. They were from Chizz's debit card. Now if you know Chizz, you know that he doesn't really grocery shop, unless you count beer, and if you looked at his wardrobe, you know he doesn't shop at Hugo Boss. And since I knew he was sitting about 2 feet away from me, I knew he wasn't in Camarillo.

We called our Bank immediately. Well immediately after about 10 minutes trying to find a line that a human would answer, not a recording. Hmmmm. Another rant for another day! The Bank employees indicated that they could tell that someone had actually swiped a card for these purchases. The persons that did this probably have the ability to clone a the card once they have a number. If you believe the time stamps on the debits, they took all the money in one day within about an hour or so. Fast work So the Bank had to block Chizz's card. Not fun while you are on a trip but since I am here, I can use my card. It is just lucky he isn't on a business trip somewhere, as it is going to take about 2 or 3 business days to get a new card to him.

So we have to wait for a few days for them to correct this. I have no doubt they will, I have loads of proof Chizz was in Philadelphia, not Camarillo. Eventually we will get our $700 back, I will make sure. So if you see a well dressed, well fed man in Camarillo calling himself "Chizz Whineberg", call the authorities. After of course, you say to him "Sir, I know Chizz Whineberg , Chizz Whineberg is a friend of mine and you are no Chizz Whineberg". Thank you.

No comments: