Sunday, April 06, 2008

WAIT!!!!!! What date is it???????

Okay, last week I was getting hopeful. I went out side and ran my errands in a sweater. The tulips are out in the store. And the Olympic Torch is running through London this weekend. All signs that spring is in the air and warm weather around the corner.



Then this morning, I woke up to this:









Wait, it is April. This isn't supposed to be happening to this California girl. It has been coming down for over an hour this morning since I woke up and I don't know how long it had been going on before that. My outside thermometer must be off somewhat because it says it is 38.6 degrees outside. The snow is big fat snow flakes and is just now starting to stick to the ground but I can't imagine it is going to last.

What a difference a year makes! Last year the kids were so excited, they got up and watched the snow and hoped for it to stick. This year, I could barely get them to lift their heads off the pillows they were so underwhelmed. It probably has something to do with this being a weekend but I think it is getting old hat. This is about the 3rd time it has snowed this year. It snowed on the day we came back from Egypt as well. We went from 90 degrees in the morning to pulling out our boots in the evening.



I am worried now about the Olympic torch. Although I am sure nothing will stop the torch from actually going through London today, I am not sure how I am going to get there. Public transport here kind of grinds to a halt during snow. They aren't quite sure what to do so they don't. So I may have to cancel that trip. I know at one area they were going to have dancers and such to welcome the torch. I doubt they had a contigency plan for snow.



The Funsucker Family arrives this week from California for a visit. Last year we had the most beautiful weather when they came. This year, who knows? I hope they are paying attention. Well, I have to go find my boots, scarf and mittens. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just realized after this post you were from California!!! I suppose it said it somewhere else but it is comforting that you guys are doing so good since I am from California too and I leave very very soon