Monday, March 12, 2007

I've Won, I've Won, I've Won

"The UK National Lottery Online thunderball Programme", that is and I have the email to prove it. I received an email informing me of my windfall, UK250,000. I am psyched. Funny, I don't remember buying tickets or entering the lottery online but never mind. Louis Vuitton here I come. And I am going to let Kiki get those 7 jeans she has been wanting, the UK200 per pair ones. Snake can get a 250 pound Itunes gift card. Chizz can look at Mazerattis (look only, we still can't afford to buy but at least with 250,000 pounds in the bank they might let us into the showroom instead of him pressing his nose up against the window).

Now, I know what you are thinking, that this is some kind of scam and Wendy is being suckered. No, No, No. There are several reasons why I am certain this is a legitimate email. First, while it does request some personal information, like my name, birthdate, address, phone number etc. - it doesn't request any of my bank account information or my social security number. And they give me the name of their "fudiciary" agent that I can contact. Chizz asked if it was their "Elmer Fudiciary"? I don't know what he was getting at. . . .

Second, they provide an email address contact and it sounds legitimate -uklotteryfudiciaryagentonline@yahoo.co.uk. I have heard of Yahoo before and surely they couldn't use the Yahoo name if it wasn't a legitimate organization. Of course, not too many businesses use Yahoo for their company email address but perhaps they are just trying to make it easier for us common folks to make contact.

Lastly, the email is signed by Sir Tang Leeon. This is proof positive that this email is legitimate. Because I know the Queen would never give a knighthood to a crook.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I live in Chicago and I enjoy reading your blog. This entry about the online lottery is very funny!! Congratulations on your win :)

Wendy said...

Thank you, Chicago, for the kind words. I haven't received my windfall yet but I am sure it will be here any day now!

Anonymous said...

perhaps you could forward the e-mail to me so I could win too.
funsucker S